There are many reasons why a physician recommends PET/CT scan. Some of the clinical categories include;
- Differentiating between benign and malignant lesion
- Determining the cancer stage
- Detecting the recurrence of cancer.
- Detect seizure disorders
- Assessing Alzheimer disease.
- Assess the viability of the heart tissues for bypass surgery
- Assessment of blood flow.
PET scan is highly effective for diagnosing cancer and locating the cancerous cells. The test provides complete information on tissue metabolism that helps in planning the treatment.